Friday 4 June 2010

Made in the Midlands

I was chosen to exhibit a poster after entering a competition called 'Made in the Midlands.' I received the e-mail this morning asking me to attend the opening of the exhibition because there would be press present. I am extremely excited and I see this a the perfect opportunity to gain exposure.

Birmingham City University and London Midland have joined forces to provide a showcase of student talent. They will be exhibiting poster design of 15 students from Birmingham Institute of Art and Design (BIAD) from a range of disciplines; graphic design, photography, textiles, architecture, painting and illustration. The diversity of the background of the students and The selection of posters will be on display in 70 train stations in the west midlands including Snow Hill train station from Thursday 10th June 2010 until October 2010 and will aslo be on the BIAD website . There will be press at the opening and the public are more than welcome to come and visit the exhibition. As it will be in a train station millions of pople will be able to view the exhibition that do not usually have the chance to visit exhibitions.

Birmingham Institute of Art and Design:

(Below- The poster I created for 'Made in Birmingham' that will feature in the exhibition.)
This image was made using the usual design software packages. The aesthetics of design were carefully considered when crafting this piece. The use of the Bull is one of Birmingham's icons along with the bullring itself. The Bull was a photograph I took that was given an RGB offset as well as placed within orange/ red circles to draw the audiences eyes towards it. The words that have been added to the background reflect parts of the west midlands as well as names of places such as; diversity, industry, millenium point, etc.


(Below- The other posters I submitted that did not get featured in the exhibition.)

3 comments:

  1. I havent told most of them yet. When I go in for the Foundation exhibition I will rub it it their faces! No I will be modest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool works!! and congratulation too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i remember when you were making this..it feels soo ling ago who would have thought man

    good job!

    nice work!!

    shukura
    ..the one wi da bull is my fav

    ReplyDelete