Friday 11 June 2010

Made in the Midlands Exhibition

Yesterday was the Made in the Midlands winners Exhibition is Snow Hill train station in Birmingham City Centre. The of myself and fifteen other students from Birmingham Institute of Art and Design (BIAD). I was the only Diploma student that won the rest were all Degree students. It was a good day and I handed out several business cards that I designed (see my first business cards) to some of the coordinators of the exhibition as well as the students. Our work will be featured in the Metro and on the BIAD website. There were rumors about turning the work into postcards, a collective book and being featured in the Creative Review, but these are just rumors. The co-ordinators will get back to us as to the exact date all of the work will be published. I am very grateful for this exposure where ever it may lead to. I also have an exhibition of my Final Major Project on the 16th June that is open to parents, teachers and the general public. As I am pretty confident in my work I am sure I will have a good grade. Seeing as I was given an unconditional offer to Falmouth University the grade is irrelevant but I am aiming for a distinction just to prove to myself that I can do it.

(Me and 15 other students at BIAD that were chosen in Snow Hill station)

(Me posing for the photographs that will be in the Metro and online)



(The poster that was chosen to feature in the exhibition)



1 comment:

  1. Hiya maris its shukura err like you said a drawing of your week, but using watercolours and working into it with fine liner , so its more than just penicl or whatever so it looks visually ...err unkow visually attractive lol keep up the good work you blog looks proper professional and isant that song amazing yeah man! i'd like to see some photography and for you to link it into your graphcis maybe showing the area u live in but in an unconventional way. and using different mediums shukura xxx

    ReplyDelete