Wednesday 11 August 2010

Birmngham 64th Scout Group

My older sister is an honorary leader at her local scout group. The group decided to get some hoodies designed for the group that everyone could wear. However they needed an icon or logo to feature on the hooded tops. With me being in the right place at the right time I was able to provide my logo design services to them.

Brief: I was asked by my local scout group to design an icon to feature on their hooded tops. The icon must work against a black background and be suitable for embroidery. The hooded top will be worn by scout member while they are with scouts and they are out and about. A limited colour palette is advisable as printing cost can spike.

Research: I looked at the history of the scouts and the symbols that they have used such as the reef knot and the scouting portal as well as any potential icons I could use to symbolise birmingham.






Although it has not been requested these are some stationary mock-ups.





1 comment:

  1. Hi Omari, it's Sean from Scouts.

    Do you still have the original photoshop files for this? e-mail me seanjnash@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete