Thursday 1 July 2010

Glastonbury 2010: Guardian Guide

I know it is a little bit late but I made a few posters fro Glastonbury. These posters were actually made on my Art Foundation course at BCU. Our brief below was fairly open brief which instead of being a breath of fresh air, most found daunting.


Brief: "You have been commissioned to create the front cover publicity material for the Guardian Lounge and the Glastonbury Festival 2010. This will include designs for the front cover of the Guardian Guide, Flyers, Pass Badges and other items for the interior of the lounge."

Research: I began my research by looking at past issued of the Guardian Guide. I observed, analysed an critiqued the different covers looking at the design aesthetics of each piece, their purpose and effect on the audience. Many things had to be taken into consideration such as the size of the magazine (roughly A5), target audience, existing fonts and logo.

Ideas: I began to brainstorm possible solutions to the problem using a mind map. Focusing more on quantity of ideas and generating a large amount regardless of weather they could be executed kept the process free and open. Once I has several ideas down I began to look at the swiss deign movement, retro design, the work of James White and color psychology.




















Grade Received: Merit


3 comments:

  1. WoW what amazing pieces of work omari they're amazing so colourful and pretty lol

    they look so professional the one with the paper texture is too col and i love that u put them on as i phone covers they look very sleek!!!

    i want one!

    the pink one with the stars look sensational and the 2 below that are definitely my fav. ilove em all though

    gr7 post!!!!

    Shukura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omds Omari your work is abosolutely awesome,your creativity really shines through your designs..

    You can honestly tell how much effort you put into your work, and how much you really love what you do!!

    Keep up that passion honestly im gobsmacked by your work...wow

    Your work is true inspiration

    Amina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amina. I do put in a lot of effort. This is old work so I have grown since then. I am pleased you like my stuff.

    All the best, Amina.

    Omari McCarthy

    ReplyDelete